The holidays are officially in full swing and every year I feel pressure to tackle the Christmas bucket list: Zoo lights, Polar Express, The Nutcracker, visit Santa, bake cookies and on, and on and on.
This year, I’ve decided to approach things differently. Instead of joining the crowds and hustle and bustle, we are going to slow down — choose quality over quantity and reinforce the magic of the holiday season is about spending time with your loved ones and sharing in the little things.
So, in the spirit of the season – we wanted to share a roundup of our top 10 favorite children’s Christmas stories. Happy reading!
- The Night Before Christmas – by Clement C. Moore
- Merry Christmas Curious George – by Margaret and H.A. Rey’s
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving – by Jan & Mike Berenstain
- The Polar Express – by Chris Van Allsburg
- Merry Christmas Mouse – by Laura Numeroff
- The Snowy Day – by Ezra Jack Keats
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – by Dr. Seuss
- Toot and Puddle I’ll be home for Christmas – by Hollie Hobbie
- My Penguin Osbert – by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel and H. B. Lewis
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree – by Robert Barry
Ghost writer and contributor, Kathie Schoff & Emily Pappas